If you are trying to answer the question, “How much does a 2 carat diamond size cost?” you’ll also have to consider what the jewel will be adorning. For instance, will that 2-carat gem be enhancing a ring, bracelet, pair of earrings, or a necklace? Plus, how will the diamond be cut? A well-cut diamond sparkles more and looks bigger to the naked eye.
Diamonds can be featured in a variety of shapes and sizes and still be the same carat weight. Therefore, before you answer the question, How much does a 2 carat diamond size cost? you’ll need to look at the cut of the diamond and determine how it will be used. That way, you’ll have a better idea about what you’ll be getting for your money.
Kinds of Diamond Cuts
Examples of diamond cuts include the following:
- A princess cut is designed to be used on engagement rings and features a square shape. It is second in popularity to the round brilliant cut.
- The most popular cut diamond, the round brilliant, is also used on engagement rings as well as for pendants for necklaces.
- Rectangular in appearance, an emerald cut diamond is usually seen on rings and necklaces.
- A pearl diamond cut conveys a teardrop shape and is typically used for drop earrings or pendants.
- Heart-shaped diamonds are often used for necklaces.
- Oval-shaped diamonds are frequently seen on engagement rings.
- The marquise cut diamond, shaped like an eye, is often used on rings.
- A radiant diamond cut is similar in shape to an emerald cut and, like an emerald cut diamond, is frequently seen on necklaces and rings.
Carat Size Refers to a Diamond’s Weight
Therefore, the carat size does not actually represent the size of a ring but denotes its weight. So, a 2-carat gem can be cut in a variety of dimensions although all the cuts weigh the same. Also, before you can answer that all-important question, “How much does a 2 carat diamond size cost? “you also have to keep in mind that besides carat weight and cut, the stone is priced according to its color and clarity too. Just because a diamond is bigger then does not necessarily mean that it’s more valuable.
Make Sure You Buy a Diamond that Has Been Graded Before You Make a Purchase Decision
As a result, the price you pay should be gauged on the four Cs of grading diamonds, or color, clarity, cut and carat weight. Therefore, you need to make sure that the diamond comes with a certificate that is endorsed by the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) or AGS (American Gem Society). These organizations grade and certify diamonds.
Round Cuts Generally Cost More than Emerald Cuts
So, “how much does a 2 carat diamond size cost?” What is a good estimate? Typically, if you can’t spend more than $750, you won’t be able to buy a 2 carat diamond that holds any reasonable amount of value. If you are on a budget then, choose an emerald cut diamond as it is generally less expensive than a round brilliant of the same grade and size.
How Much Does a 2 Carat Diamond Size Cost? That All Depends on Your Budget
Therefore, if you are still wanting an answer to the question, “how much does a 2 carat diamond size cost?” and you want a valuable piece of diamond jewelry, you’ll need to look at the stones that begin at $750 to around $10,000 in price. That means you’ll really need to fork out some money if you want to get a diamond that is of the highest quality. So, expect to pay about $10,000 to $15,000 if you want to pay the lowest price for a premium quality, 2-carat stone.
Find your perfect diamond today at Dara’s Diamonds, and get the most elegant beauty at an unbeatable price.